What’s my age again? What’s my age again? Oh yeah, 21! Ahhh, finally. It feels so good to be old enough to do anything. Well, except be president. But who wants to be president anymore? My 21st birthday was spent in the city of ATL with my boyfriend and sister. We had a blast. From swimming with whale sharks and manta rays to exploring a new city, it was a trip to remember. We were only in Atlanta for Friday, Saturday, and part of Sunday, October 7th-9th. We flew there and I haven’t been on a plane since I was about 11, so that was exciting! Here is how our trip went…
- Flew out of Fort Myers in the morning (was supposed to be Miami but Hurricane Matthew made that impossible) and arrived in Atlanta around 11am.
- Checked into the Omni Hotel at CNN Center in downtown Atlanta and went to the CNN Center to eat.
- Went to the Georgia Aquarium and swam in the tank with the whale sharks! Highly recommend, it was amazing! They swim right underneath you, almost touching. *See my video, the swim is in it!
- Walked around the city and explored Georgia Tech’s campus. There are so many hills in Atlanta!
- Watched fireworks out of our hotel room on the 15th floor. We were actually napping and woke up to the sound of a loud BOOM, thankfully it was just fireworks.
- Went out for drinks because I turned 21 at midnight!!!
Sunday (my birthday!)
- Ate brunch with Willie’s good friend that lives in Atlanta and I had a mimosa, my fav.
- Flew back to Fort Myers at 2pm and went to dinner with my family.
Our trip was very short and there were so many things I wish we could have done and seen. We will definitely be making a trip back. Also, I’ll be making a travel guide for Atlanta with more places we went to, where we ate, and things you can do if you go, so be on the lookout for that!
We got to see some fall for the first time. Being from Florida, the leaves are green and then turn brown and die, no in between. Not going to lie, I took some leaves home, hehe. This photo was taken on Georgia Tech’s campus, it’s beautiful there.
Seriously, if this tree doesn’t scream fall, I don’t know what does.
My first and second legal drinks.