I like my dishes and cups to match both my home and my style. All the while DIY-ing as much as I can of those things along the way. I hope to have open shelving in my kitchen once we buy a home and I’ve been trying to collect only, or make, pretty dinnerware. This painted floral cup is no exception, it turned out gorgeous so I made a few! It only took me five tries to get a print I liked enough but oh well, I’m obsessed. Stick around for the end of this post to see a blueberry lemonade vodka drink recipe.
1. Start by painting the stems of the flowers on the cup with a small/medium sized paint brush.
2. Using a tiny paint brush, (I used one with the bristles cut off at the tip) paint the “leaves” onto the stems. Go from the stem and then out.
3. Paint the flower petals with the first paint brush then the dots in the middle of the flowers using the tiny paint brush.
4. Paint the dots around the top of the glass with the tiny paint brush, interchanging with two colors. Follow the directions on the paint bottles to either let the paint cure for 21 days or bake it.
I got this recipe from MyIncredibleRecipes.com. It’s called Bangin’ Blueberry Lemonade, which speaks for itself. Here’s what I used:
- 2 ounces Deep Eddy Lemon Vodka
- 3 ounces Blue Curacao & Cream Soda
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/3 tsp sugar
- Mix ingredients in a cocktail shaker with or without ice(be careful of the carbonated cream soda so it doesn't explode on you!)
- Pour cocktail over ice if you didn't use it in the shaker.
- Add in blueberries and garnish with a lemon slice.
- I used frozen blueberries in my glass instead of ice.