Some of the links in this post may be affiliate links which I can earn a small commission off if you click and purchase the item, at no extra cost to you.
This year, I opted for a blue ombré decorated Christmas tree. That being said, I had many ornaments left over that just didn’t really go with my tree. Instead of just putting the ornaments in storage, which we really don’t have much of in our apartment, I decided to make them useful. An ornament wreath is the perfect way to make use of extra ornaments! I even used things I had around my house to do it so I didn’t have to spend any money on this.
- Wire hanger
- Bulb ornaments
- 6 Christmas tree branches/twigs
- 1 bow
- Wire (thin jewelry wire is what I used)
- 3 or 4 twisty ties (that come on bread)
1. Untwist the wire hanger. Just use your hands (and strength). Then form it in the shape of a circle. I tried using pliers but found that to be so much harder so I just stuck with my hands. It helps to hold the hanger part and untwist it around itself.
2. Slide the bulb ornaments onto the wire. You can super glue the top of the ornament to the ornament holder to make sure they stay together and don’t pop off. This would be best if you plan to keep this wreath for a long time or have it hang for a longer period of time. I chose not to glue them together. If they start falling off then I might reconsider.
3. To close the wreath, twist the wire hanger back together.
4. To complete the wreath, I felt like it needed some greenery. So I trimmed a few branches/twigs from my Christmas tree. If you don’t have a tree, you can just go to a Christmas tree farm or a place that is selling them and pick a few off the ground. I layered three branches/twigs on top of each other and made two sets. To secure them together I just used twisty ties that you can get off of bread bags.
5. Using jewelry wire, I wrapped one of the sets of tree twigs to the top of the hanger then wrapped the rest of the wire around the other tree twig set. You can use string if you don’t have any wire.
6. To finish the wreath off, I added a bow to where the two sets of twigs met. My bow already had a twisty tie on it so I secured it by that.
How gorgeous does this wreath look?! I can’t believe I made it for $0. It looks store bought. It’s so easy to create holiday decor with stuff you already have. I wasn’t planning on using these bulbs for anything but I’m sure glad I did.