Some of the links in this post may be affiliate links which I can earn a small commission off if you click and purchase the item, at no extra cost to you.
Hello from Hawaii! The farthest I’ve gone from home to date but definitely the most beautiful. I’m no fool to tropical vacations however. My whole life I’ve lived a tropical vacation being in Florida! However, I realize some people have never even seen the ocean or step foot on a beach until they take a trip. So without further ado, I’m going to be sharing how I (and you) can pack for a tropical vacation. Alllll the essentials people.
First things first, clothing.
You want to bring the following items but tailor the amount to how many you think you need for the length of your trip:
- Tank tops/lightweight tees
- Light dresses
- Swim suits (many swimsuits!)
- Rashguards (if prone to burning – a must)
Next up, skincare.
- Sunscreen (preferebly a reef-safe one if you plan to swim in the ocean like Alba Botanica’s Hawaiian Sunscreen Coconut Clear Spray SPF50)
- A lip sunscreen because yes, lips can get sunburnt and it sucks. I recommend this one.
- A scrub or face mask to help with dry skin and to detox. You can get dried out from swimming and it’s good to detox from all the sunscreen you’ll be using. Alba Botanica’s Hawaiian Detox Warming Mud Mask is perfect. It’s hypoallergenic and perf for oily skin.
I want to share a bit more about Alba Botanica because it’s a brand I’ve come to love for so many reasons and people need to know about it! They are a company that care about people. They don’t put harmful ingredients in their products. Their Hawaiian Sunscreen is actually reef-safe, biodegradable, no animal testing, no synthetic fragrances, no harsh sulfates, no parabens or phthalates, no artificial colors, gluten-free, and uses 100% vegetarian ingredients. The mud mask has all the same mines being reef-safe, biodegradable, and gluten-free. I have super sensitive skin and I break out very easily, especially when it comes to certain sunscreens. It can be hard finding ones that don’t make me have a reaction but Alba Botanica passes all the tests. I’ve talked about Alba Botanica on my blog before and I keep finding new products I love from them!
- A sun hat (or many sun hats)
- Beach tote (one that can fold up small to pack)
- Reusable water bottle
For our 7 days in Hawaii, I packed a week’s worth of clothing for both my boyfriend and I, 2 sets of fins, snorkels, and masks, 4 hats, underwater housing for my camera, jewelry, body wash and all that jazz, and sunscreen all in a 29” suitcase. We also brought two personal items with a change of clothes, all our camera gear including my Sony, 3 lenses, DJI Mavic drone, GoPro, and accessories for them all plus my laptop, snacks, water bottles and wallets.
So all together for a week in Hawaii, my boyfriend and I only brought one suitcase and two backpack sized personal items. That’s one thing I love about tropical vacations, you can pack light!
This post is sponsored by Alba Botanica and Her Campus Media. All opinions are my own.0